The National Association for Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) has grown from a U.S.-based professional association to an international alliance of professional background screening firms. NAPBS is the recognized source of industry standards and best practices for background screening professionals worldwide.
The vision of NAPBS for creating an international alliance include the following:
- Establishing a worldwide support network for professional background screening firms to collaborate, share information, provide education and resources.
- Fostering the development of country-specific business standards, professionalism, legal and ethical business practices that significantly enhance the credibility of the background screening industry and expand business opportunities.
- Creating a professional association presence within countries and/or regions establishing an official representative of professional background screening firms to government entities, thus providing input and counsel and influencing government actions and legislation that impact the industry.
Our global presence seeks to empower international and domestic members in three distinct areas.
- Education. Continuously increase the knowledge and understanding of NAPBS members about legal requirements, sources of information, cultural nuances, processes, tools, as well as ethical and best practices for implementing international background checks.
- Recognized Best Practices. Further the strategic goal of NAPBS as the catalyst for the establishment of ethical and legal business practices for professional background screening firms worldwide.
- Facilitate Global Communication. Establish on-going means for NAPBS International and US based members to stay informed about activities pertaining to the global screening landscape.
To date, NAPBS has established the APAC (Asian Pacific countries), Canada and Europe Chapters and has alliance groups in Africa and Latin America. Submit your membership application to the chapter that includes your country or, if not listed, to International: Other Region Membership. If you are uncertain of which chapter or region, please contact NAPBS before submitting your application.